Putnam & PHMR
Strategy is in our DNA
Putnam’s mission is to help companies make better decisions today, and proceed with confidence for the future.
For over 30 years, Putnam has been a leader in strategic advisory services for the life sciences. Throughout, its teams have supported life-sciences organizations across the globe, continually advancing what state-of-the-art means in medicine.
Putnam’s focus on every project is the same: to put the client’s needs first while delivering exceptional impact and value.
Putnam and PHMR’s experts provide a broad set of strategic solutions to help empower confident decision-making in healthcare.
Specializing in identifying and classifying opportunities and building impactful strategies, across six core practice areas:
Value, Pricing & Access Strategy
- With deep and extensive knowledge of global market access issues, support client teams at all points during the product development lifecycle, from discovery through post-launch.
- Understanding current and evolving access landscape and stakeholder perspectives
- Defining, substantiating and communicating value to economic stakeholders, including dossier development
- Develop evidence generation strategies to support value communication and economic modeling inputs
- Developing pricing, contracting, and access strategies to maximize value
- Developing and refining economic stakeholder engagement strategies and tools
New Product Strategy
- Adopting an interdisciplinary approach to support clients in understanding full market opportunities, making optimal decisions as products advance through clinical towards market approval and commercialization.
- Product positioning and clinical differentiation
- Registrational trial design
- Go-to-market model development and engagement
- Launching KPI identification and tracking
- Planning for diagnostics, combination therapies, and other enablers
Established Product & Franchise Strategy
- Partnering with client teams to design solutions with a strategic goal in mind, by redefining the problem for the client in novel ways and ensuring the right questions are asked.
- Market opportunity analysis
- Re-invigorating growth to realize full potential
- Tracking performance and pursuing evolving opportunities in dynamic markets
- Planning for and defending against competitive interests
- Matching portfolios and engagement strategies with the needs of diverse set HCP stakeholders
- Designing lifecycle management strategies
Medical & Scientific Affairs Strategy
- Helping teams deliver on the clinical value of the product/franchise and optimize the ability to bring the benefits to the appropriate patients.
- Global medical plan development and dissemination/adaptation to individual countries
- Needs-based evidence generation planning
- Clinical development and lifecycle strategy
- Strategic expert stakeholder engagement
Portfolio Licensing & Development Strategy
- Offering a unique blend of expertise to advise on optimal and sustainable portfolio, licensing and development strategies for life sciences clients.
- Long term portfolio planning and optimization
- Therapeutic area landscape evolution analysis planning
- Technology & asset scans
- In-licensing/out-licensing due diligence
- Integrative strategy development that incorporates both legacy and newly acquired assets
- Exceptional impact and value are delivered to enterprise and corporate needs. Strategic recommendations are underpinned by rigorous evidence collection and experience in supporting leading biopharmaceutical companies.
- Portfolio-level digital and personal promotional strategy
- Corporate account engagement
- Data platform & insight mining
- R&D decision-making process optimization
- New business unit evaluation and implementation strategy
- Virtual commercial operations support
Putnam & PHMR's role in the ecosystem
Putnam and PHMR offer expert, strategic consulting within the ecosystem, specializing across all key service areas:
Use the menu to discover more.
Experience in market analysis and opportunity assessment and legacy in new product strategy helps clients proceed with confidence. The teams’ highly collaborative and cross-functional approach combined with its expertise from clinical to commercialization across a broad range of disease areas sets Ashfield Advisory apart when it comes to product launch planning.Find out more about our Product Launch services
Market Access and Reimbursement Experts
A key area of Putnam services to our clients is strategic, tactical and operational Value Pricing and Access offerings.
To further strengthen and expand this offering Putnam acquired PHMR in 2021. PHMR is an international team of highly qualified health economists and research scientists that specializes in health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), real-world evidence (RWE), market access and reimbursement.
PHMR complements Putnam’s strategic expertise with deep technical and scientific expertise. By bringing together Putnam’s strategic and PHMR’s technical and scientific expertise the combined team provides an unrivaled global, regional and country-specific offering to our clients.Find out more about our Market Access services
Ashfield Advisory’s data analytics offering advances Putnam and PHMR’s strategic consulting, providing exceptional insights to ensure everything we do can be supported by available or ot be developed evidence.Find out more about our Data Analytics services
Putnam and PHMR brings vast experience to EmerGENE’s multidisciplinary cell and gene therapy network. Having proudly supported the majority of commercialized cell and gene therapies, our established history in this space is invaluable to the EmerGENE network.Find out more about our EmerGENE service
Working at Putnam & PHMR
Working at Putnam & PHMR provides a unique opportunity to acquire an extensive and practical understanding of the dynamic world of life sciences from world-class experts. Its members share value in collaboration, setting high standards, creative thinking, grit, and diversity. A team-based approach lets you work side by side with amazing, bright, and humble individuals.
With offices in Boston, San Francisco, New York and London, if you are interested in working on the Putnam team, learn more by visiting the Putnam website.
With offices across the UK, PHMR seeks qualified and intellectually curious individuals with backgrounds in health economics, health services research, epidemiology, strategic consultancy, pricing and reimbursement. Take a look at the open opportunities on PHMR’s website.