Senior HR Operations Director
Job Purpose: Under the new Advisory Matrixed HR Operating Model the HR Operations Director will be responsible for delivery of agreed Human Resources activity selected to be centralized under new HR Operating Model. Areas include and are not limited to: background checks and drug screening, benefit programs, workers’ compensation, leave of absence, immigration, employee relations, performance management, engagement, retention, off boarding, unemployment, and compliance.
Responsible for maintaining a current knowledge of all federal, state, and local laws and regulations in order to ensure the Human Resources & Development department and organization is operating in compliance.
Lead special projects and planning for future expansion of HR centralized services to Ashfield Advisory companies.
Reports To: Vice President, Human Resources Ashfield Advisory
Direct Reports: Initially Workforce analysis and insights advisor, team will expand as activity moves to centralized model.
- Oversee and ensure professional delivery of HR related activity falling under the responsibility of the new HR Operating model, including but not limited to onboarding, benefit programs, performance management, training programs, immigration, employee relations, compliance, terminations, workers’ compensation, leave of absence and unemployment.
- Work with Group IT to set up a platform to enable all requests to be consolidated, triaged, activated and tracked.
- Align with HR Leads on activity to migrate to centralized HR Operating Model and align on mutually agreed SLA’s.
- Prepare monthly report and provide feedback to HR Leads and Senior business leaders on key success factors and areas for improvement
- Keep open line of communication with HR leads across Advisory companies to identify additional transactional activity which can be migrated to centralized model and associated SLA’s to meet and manage
- Coach and advise HR Leads on employee relations issues encouraging best practice and consistency in approach and companywide activities. Work with senior management and support the process for more senior level and contentious employee relations issues. Responsibility for severance arrangements and contentious employment termination
- Work closely with the Vice President, Human Resources in designing and implementing organizational and departmental policies.
- Continuously identify process improvements for the benefit of the organization and implement using cost efficient resources and approaches.
- Manage all Company-sponsored benefits plans and annual review benefit policies. Responsible for relations and vendor management of third-party providers/vendors. Reviews and recommends changes to benefit plan offerings and/or insurance carriers. Maintains administrative contacts with various benefit programs as well as plan representatives to ensure the effective delivery of current information and prompt resolution of problems associated with the various programs.
- Oversee the secondment process and immigration compliance for temporary international work assignments.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all employee records and Human Resources related information.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Holder Specification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or related field or equivalent work related experience
- 7 yrs. of progressive HR experience, with management responsibilities, working in a client-driven industry.
- Strong planning and organizing skills coupled with a real focus on client and customer delivery.
- Excellent skills in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new software programs and systems, including HRIS.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proactive approach with ability to demonstrate a history of impacting company-wide strategies and initiatives in previous roles/organizations.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the general Human Resources discipline, including: recruiting, new hire process, HIPAA, FMLA, EEOC, ADA, FLSA, LOA, termination process, COBRA, state and federal regulations.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of a variety of benefit plans including insurance, Section 125, 401k, voluntary benefits, paid time off programs, EAP, ERISA.
This role can facilitate a remote working employee