IT Operations Delivery Engineer
Ashfield Advisory partners strategically with clients to accelerate performance by applying healthcare industry expertise with outstanding execution. Our Advisory professionals span the healthcare industry providing audit services and management consulting expertise. Ashfield Advisory services encompass our latest acquisitions of STEM Healthcare, SmartAnalyst, Vynamic and Putnam and is based across multiple locations in the US, UK, EU & India. Our consultants work across the interwoven sectors of the healthcare industry to provide services ranging from strategic planning, process design, vendor selection & management, systems implementation, and organisational change.
The IT Operations Delivery Engineer covers E2E operational activities from service desk through desk side, support to project work working as a team member across a matrix organisation. It may also involve server and network activities in relation to project delivery.
The day2day responsibilities will vary based on work allocation but primary activities are outlined below and it is expected that individuals will pick up/develop specialism areas where they can grow their personal knowledge and share with the wider team.
The level at which people will operate and progress will be dependent on a good balance across experience, capability and demonstrated aptitude in all of the required areas.
The following is not necessarily an exhaustive list but identifies the main areas:
- Provide IT support across multiple Ashfield Advisory geographies, via phone, email and remote access – requests include Hardware, Software, Procurement, Incidents and Service change requests.
- Escalation of Network & Server request to the Central Infrastructure team whilst retaining ownership of those requests to track/monitor progress and ensure delivery to the required business timelines.
- To maintain service desk logging, recording all appropriate information for the request and for incidents cause and resolution in order to identify common issues/ recurring problems.
- Build the teams Knowledgebase, including the development and update of documentation & ensure knowledge dissemination and take training as required.
- Setting up and supporting on-site hardware and software – including PCs, MACs & conferencing facilities, i.e. TV’s and AV equipment.
- To deliver end-to-end support of the PC & Apple Mac estate in-person and remotely where required including hardware support & lifecycle management (Incl. refresh & stock rotation).
- Ensure any ‘local’ inventories of equipment are current.
- Act as an escalation point for issues and problems.
- Identify, evaluate and implement ideas for continuous improvement in internal processes/areas.
- Documentation of processes and procedures in the form of SOPs and/or work instructions.
- Documentation of user guides, hints, and tip sheets.
- Compiling & issuing of companywide communications/announcements on the support of operational and project related matters.
- Visiting other Ashfield Advisory sites for IT support when needed.
- Submitting change requests and supporting information/documentation into the Global CAB process where required.
- Delivering project activities as defined which may include scoping & planning, vendor management, update communications, workstream lead & technical delivery.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
The following technical experience is required:
- Solid experience of operating systems, configuration and PC builds for Window & Mac builds
- Supporting Apple OS devices (iPad, Macs, iPhones)
- Security tools, including Anti-virus, Web & email filtering (Zscaler, Mimecast, MFA),
- Device management & reporting (SCCM, Intune & Jamf)
- Encryption Software management (Bitlocker & Filevault)
- Office, 365, Exchange, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams for business.
- Group policy derivation and management
- Scripting (Powershell)
- Remote desktop support tools (Teamviewer, ZOHO etc)
You will be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Strong communications skills and ability to speak to multi-cultural teams across the Advisory business and wider Group IT.
- Analytical approach with good questioning & listening skills.
- Confident manner and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with an understanding of call handling, prioritisation, and call escalations.
- Ability to work well on your own, whilst under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a remote team.
- Ability to work at pace but diligently.
- Willingness and ability to learn and develop through on-the-job and on-line training.
- Adherence to defined processes with a continuous improvement mind set.
- Confident and self-motivated.
- Self-organising with good time management skills.
- Enthusiastic and positive manner.
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours where required.
- Flexibility to travel when required.